Textbooks are very important in the classroom. Students study what is presented in the textbook; in other words, students learn what is presented in the textbook. It not only provides study structure and curriculum but also helps in the standardization of education. In this comprehensive guide, we explore the different Science books for Class 6 on the market and provide reviews of the best textbooks for students.
Let’s dive in and find the perfect science book for class 6!
Quick Preview: Best Science Books for Class 6
Science Textbook for Class VIBy NCERT
Lakhmir Singh’s Science 6By S Chand School
Golden Science For Class 6By New Age
NCERT & CBSE Question Bank Class 6 Science BookBy Oswaal Books
Start Up Science For Class 6By Viva
NCERT Practice Workbook Science Class 6By Goyal Brothers
Science In-Depth Class 6By Prachi
Best Science Books for Class 6
Science Textbook for Class VI
- No list of best Science books for Class 6 can be complete without mentioning the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) Science textbook.
- It is the official textbook prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and follows the latest syllabus.
- The book covers all the topics with utmost clarity and presents the concepts in a logical sequence. Additionally, it provides ample exercises and examples for practice, ensuring students build a strong foundation in science.
- It contains graphical and schematic representations of different science concepts so that the students have a clear understanding of the same.
- The compilation of different exercises makes it easy for the students to develop their skills.
- Different theorems and riders have been presented in a jargon-free manner for easy readability and close understanding.
- New concepts have been introduced in such a manner that the students never find a dull moment to sharpen their skills with the help of this book.
Lakhmir Singh’s Science 6
- The next book on the list of best science books for Class 6 is Science 6. This book is strictly according to the CBSE syllabus and CCE pattern.
- The book is written to provide complete coverage of the NCERT Science syllabus for class 6 as prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- The most important feature of the revised edition of this book is that a large variety of solved and unsolved questions have been included to assess the learning abilities of the students.
- The main aim of the book is to make physics more attractive, interesting, and understandable to students.
- The headings, subheadings, and definitions of each topic of this book have been given in different colours. This will help the students to locate the various topics quickly and learn the definitions conveniently.
Golden Science For Class 6
- Golden Science Class 6 is based on a new NCERT textbook and CBSE guidelines.
- The book is written in a lucid style and simple language that makes it easy for students to understand.
- The book covers the basic concepts with their description (Summary) along with Board oriented topic-wise questions with answers.
- Golden Science Class 6 also contains solved NCERT exercises/intext questions and activities.
- The book provides ample practice exercises for self-evaluation and objective type question bank (with Answers)
- The book includes a variety of questions like Multiple Choice Questions, Assertion and Reason Questions, and Case-Based Questions.
NCERT & CBSE Question Bank Class 6 Science Book
- The next book on the list of best science books for Class 6 is Oswaal CBSE Class 6 Science Question Bank. This book will charge you with the much-needed confidence to face the boards and emerge champions.
- The book is 100% updated for 2023-24 with the latest syllabus 2024 & fully solved sample question papers.
- The book gives a timed revision with crisp revision notes & smart mind maps.
- The book provides extensive practice with practice papers.
- Concept Clarity with 500+ concepts.
Start Up Science For Class 6
- The next book on the list of best science books for Class 6 is Start Up Science. This book exposes children to vibrant nature and to the physical and chemical principles underlying various natural phenomena.
- The book is based on the principles of child-centered education, activity-based learning, and holistic child development.
- It presents the subject matter in a carefully structured manner keeping in mind the vision of the National Curriculum Framework.
- Start Up Science is written in simple, easy-to-understand language and appropriately graded.
- The book contains arguments consisting of word meanings, Key Facts, Do You Know, Mind Scramblers, and Classroom Discussions (containing questions based on Thinking Skills)
- In addition, the book contains in-text questions to answer orally, a wide variety of exercises to assess the concepts learned, an ample number of tasks including activities and projects, sample test papers given to assess the knowledge of students, and practice questions for the Science Olympiad.
NCERT Practice Workbook Science Class 6
- The next book on the list of best science books for Class 6 is NCERT Practice Workbook Science. The book comes with online support for assessment & question bank.
- The book is strictly based on NCERT SCIENCE Textbook & Examination Pattern prescribed by the CBSE.
- Every chapter of the book includes objective-type questions – MCQS, Fill in the blanks, Match the following, True & False, etc.
- The NCERT Practice Workbook Science also includes subjective type questions – Very Short answer type questions, Short answer type questions, and Long answer type questions.
- Additionally, each chapter of the book also contains value-based questions, HOTS questions, activity-based questions, picture (diagram) based questions, and Olympiad-based questions.
- The book also contains practice question papers. For Term I, two periodic tests & one model test paper for the half-yearly examination. For Term II, two periodic tests & one model test paper for a yearly examination.
Science In-Depth Class 6
- The next book on the list of best science books for Class 6 is Science In-Depth Class 6. This book is strictly according to the CBSE syllabus and CCE pattern.
- The book is formulated as per the rationalized NCERT & latest CBSE syllabus 2023-24.
- The main aim of the book is to make science more attractive, interesting, and understandable to students.
- The book ensures a clear understanding of the subjects through its content, approach, and presentation.
- The book provides a summary of the lesson – understanding the terms defines the important concepts of the lesson.
Prescribed Books For Class 6 Science By CBSE
The Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) along with the National Council of Educational Research and Training(NCERT) has published its own science textbook, reference book, and lab manual to guide and assist students to prepare for the board examinations. The following are the books published by these two bodies.
- Science – Textbook for class VI by NCERT Publication (Free Download)
- Science exemplar problems for class X by NCERT publication (Free Download)
- Laboratory Manual – Science, the secondary stage by NCERT Publication (Free Download)
A good textbook is an effective study partner that can make a difference in exam preparation and practice. Investing in good books increases learning efficiency and understanding. When choosing textbooks from our best science books for class 6, keep your personal requirements and preferences in mind. Make the most of your academic journey by investing in these essential books that will enhance your learning.
Which science book is best for class 6?
The best book to prepare for the class 6 science exam is the NCERT book prescribed by CBSE. Apart from this book, students can use one or two reference books. Some of the best reference books are Lakhmir Singh’s Science 6, Golden Science For Class 6, NCERT & CBSE Question Bank Class 6 Science Book, Start Up Science For Class 6, NCERT Practice Workbook Science Class 6, and Science In-Depth Class 6.
What is science in class 6?
Class 6 Science is one of the most important subjects in the curriculum of students. In this class, they are introduced to various concepts of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Students can learn a lot from the chapters of science in their syllabus.
Which books are best for Class 6?
Some of the good books for Class 6 are Lakhmir Singh’s Science 6, Golden Science For Class 6, NCERT & CBSE Question Bank Class 6 Science Book, Start Up Science For Class 6, NCERT Practice Workbook Science Class 6, and Science In-Depth Class 6.
How to study for science exam class 6?
The first step in preparing for class 6 science is understanding the syllabus. The next important things that are important are regular practice, seeking guidance from mentors/teachers, developing critical thinking, and finally proper time management.