Textbooks are one of the most critical tools in the classroom. Students learn from what is shown in the textbook. In other words, how the textbook presents the material is how the students learn the material. Textbooks not only provide the structure and syllabus for the study but also help in the standardization of the instruction. In this guide, we will look at the different math books for 4th graders available on the market. We will also review some of the best math textbooks for students in 4th grade.
So, let’s get started and find the math books for 4th graders!
Quick Preview: Math Books for 4th Graders
The Best Math Workbook for Grade 4By Podium
Common Core Math Grade 4 Textbook & WorkbookBy Test Prep Books
Math, Grade 4 (Scholastic Success With)By Scholastic
Math Basics 4By School Zone
Spectrum Math Workbook, Grade 4By Spectrum
My Math Grade 4By McGraw-Hill
Best Maths Books for 4th Graders
The Best Math Workbook for Grade 4
- The first book on the list of best math books for 4th graders is The Best Math Workbook for Grade 4 by Podium. This book is aligned with Common Core State Standards.
- Each page in this workbook contains workouts for skills practice and also for applying those skills to solve a problem.
- These workbooks make great warm-up or assessment exercises.
- The Best Math Workbook for Grade 4 can be used to set the stage and teach the content covered by the standards.
- They can also be used to assess what students have learned after the content has been taught.
Common Core Math Grade 4 Textbook & Workbook
- The next book on the list of best math books for 4th graders is the Common Core Math Grade 4 Textbook & Workbook.
- It is developed by Test Prep Books for test takers trying to achieve a passing score on the Common Core Math Grade 4 exam, this comprehensive study guide includes Quick Overview, Test-Taking Strategies, Introduction, Operations and Algebraic Thinking, Numbers and Operations in Base 10, Numbers and Operations: Fractions, Measurement and Data, and Geometry.
- Each section of the test has a comprehensive review created by Test Prep Books that goes into detail to cover all of the content likely to cover 4th Grade Common Core standards.
- The Test Prep Books Common Core Math 4th Grade practice test questions are each followed by detailed answer explanations. If you miss a question, it’s important that you are able to understand the nature of your mistake and how to avoid making it again in the future. The answer explanations will help you to learn from your mistakes and overcome them.
- Understanding the latest test-taking strategies is essential to preparing you for what you will expect on the exam.
- A test taker has to not only understand the material that is being covered on the test, but also must be familiar with the strategies that are necessary to properly utilize the time provided and get through the test without making any avoidable errors.
Math, Grade 4 (Scholastic Success With)
- Give students the targeted, skill-building practice they need with Math, Grade 4 (Scholastic Success With)!
- This book is aligned with Common Core State Standards.
- Each workbook includes more than 40 ready-to-reproduce practice pages.
- Easy-to-follow directions and fun exercises motivate students to work on their own.
- Every activity in each book is correlated to state standards.
Math Basics 4
- The next book on the list of best math books for 4th graders is Math Basics 4 by School Zone. Kids practice multiplication and division, fractions, decimals, and more, as friendly ocean creatures add smiles and a splash of color to almost every page.
- It’s a fun approach to serious problem-solving. Math Basics 4 Deluxe Edition includes the most important elements of the fourth grade math curriculum and the skills that give children the most difficulty.
- The workbook is aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, a comprehensive set of learning objectives created to help students succeed in math.
- It is also consistent with Principles and Standards for School Mathematics, a publication by the National Council for Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM).
- The lessons are in sequence; skills introduced in one lesson build on those taught in previous lessons.
Spectrum Math Workbook, Grade 4
- The next book on the list of best math books for 4th graders is Spectrum Math Workbook, Grade 4. This math workbook for fourth grade features 160 pages of focused instruction and progressive practice to help students stay ahead in math and enhance problem-solving skills.
- Spectrum Math for grade 4 keeps kids at the top of their math game using progressive practice, math in everyday settings, and tests to monitor progress. The math workbook covers multiplication, division, fractions, geometric figures, and preparing for algebra.
- Math skills include Adding and subtracting numbers, Multiplication and division, Fractions, decimals, and percents, Metric and customary measurements, Algebra, and Introduction to geometry.
- Developed with the latest standards-based teaching methods that provide targeted practice in math fundamentals to ensure successful learning!
- The Spectrum Grade 4 Math Workbook contains chapters full of vibrant activities and illustrations, Pretests, posttests, mid-test, final tests, scoring records, and answer keys.
My Math Grade 4
- The last book on the list of best math books for 4th graders is My Math. This book contains everything students need to build conceptual understanding, application, and procedural skill, and fluency with math content organized to address mathematical standards.
- Students engage in learning with write-in text on vocabulary support and homework pages, and real-world problem-solving investigations.
- This interactive book contains everything students need to build conceptual understanding, application, procedural skills, and fluency.
- Opportunities such as vocabulary support, homework pages, real-world problem-solving investigations, and fluency practice, provide meaningful student engagement.
- Content is organized to address the Standards for Mathematics and emphasize Mathematical Practices.
- Hands-On activities connect learning to the real world.
A good textbook is a great study companion that can change the way you study and prepare for tests. Good books will help you study faster and better. When selecting textbooks from our list of the best math books for 4th graders, consider your personal needs and preferences. Take advantage of your academic success by investing in essential books that enhance your learning.
Which book is best for 4th grader math?
There are some good math books for 4th graders that help them to understand the topics while providing lots of practice problems. Some of these are The Best Math Workbook for Grade 4 by Podium, Common Core Math Grade 4 Textbook & Workbook by Test Prep Books, Math, Grade 4 (Scholastic Success With) by Scholastic, Math Basics 4 by School Zone, Spectrum Math Workbook, Grade 4 by Spectrum, and My Math Grade 4 by McGraw-Hill.
What does 4th grade math look like?
In 4th grade, students focus on using all four operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division – to solve multi-step word problems involving multi-digit numbers. Students also learn about fractions, including equal (equivalent) fractions and ordering fractions.
How can I improve my 4th grade math?
The first step in improving maths is to have a good book. For preparing Common Core Standards and Common Core State Curriculum, one or two reference books are a must. Do regular practice of Math for at least one hour daily. Solve all the questions given in your textbook exercises and your reference book(s).